Sunday, January 01, 2006

Obligatory New Years Day post

Last night the plan was to spend NYE in with the sweetie, drinking bubbly, and nibbling on crab cakes and quail eggs. Well she fell asleep on the couch, and since I have absolutely no idea how to make crab cakes and quail eggs, I decided to let her sleep. I did wake her before midnight for some bubbly and a kiss. Brunch today was delicious, mimosas, toasted bagels with salmon, eggs, bacon, crab cakes, and quail eggs!
I watched the various channels cover the parties throughout the city, and couldn't help feel just a little smug about the weak crowd at the Pier. I know they'll spin it like it was a blast, but it looked weak. A bunch of suburbanites wearing their A&F best (including jeans!), bouncing around with their Marlboro Lights, desperately trying to look like they are having the fun they suspect everyone else is having....sad.
We did go see Memoirs of a Geisha yesterday. I enjoyed most of the film, but was very disappointed with the ending. It didn't seem true to the spirit of the rest of the film. It was very stereotypical ending, the kind that my "ironic" generation was supposed to be too cool to make anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home