Saturday, January 27, 2007

Changing phones


I'm growing bored with my Motorola razer phone, and am considering upgrading. I don't have the money to upgrade now, so in the mean time it looks like I'll just be window shopping.

Anyway, I plan on getting either a Nokia N70, N73, or N80. The reason I'm tempted by Nokia phones is that my favorite phone of all time was my 6600 (pictured here).

I don't know what it was about that phone, but I loved it. It stored all the info I needed, it was easy to assign ring tones to different people and have their pictures pop up when they called. You could do all sorts of cool things with the camera, it recorded video, and it even had neat special effects, including one of my favorites called night vision. And it was heavy, or better description was solid. If you were an adult, particularly an adult male, you didn't feel stupid with this phone, or feel you needed to handle it with kid gloves for fear of breaking it. In short, it was perfect...

Well what happened to such a perfect phone you may ask? Unfortunately, software happened. One day, the phone would just not boot up, the power would come on, nothing would happen on the screen. I was leaving that day on a trip to visit the gf, so I was forced to run down to the local t-mobile store and buy a new phone.

Nokia had made newer versions of this phone (they claim), but nothing has triggered the same response that I had with the 6600. The are nice phones, but the 6682 and the like are just not the same.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure have A LOT of time on your hands!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home