Thursday, December 14, 2006

Holiday Plans

Only 10 more days until I'm off to the Philippines. It should be a good time, though I'm a bit concerned about two things:
1) It's likely to be hot. And very humid. Everyone who knows me can only imagine how much I'm looking forward to that! Currently my gf is running around the apartment with a sweater, occasionally sending my a mean look, or making a nasty comment about the apartment freezing. However she also seems to realize that I'm much happier when it's cold, so rather then risk my being pissy all the time, she would rather tolerate the temps.
2) Typhoons! Didn't a major storm just tear up the Philippines? Yes, thousands of people were killed, even talk of open graves since there were so many killed. We are going to be at a resort on a small island. Where could we possibly go if a storm blows through? I think the first thing we should do when we get there is buy canned goods, matches, a poncho, lot's of bottled water, and plywood/nails/hammer for the windows. If we go, are we ever going to make it back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home