Thursday, March 08, 2007

Looking for a new apartment

Well the gf and I have finally begun to look for a new apartment. We don't have to be out of our current place until May 1, but I hope to be able to get something starting sometime in April. That way we can spread out the move over more time, without having to rush all in one weekend. Of course that means paying for 2 rents, but making the move easier is probably worth it.

We live in River North, and while it's close by to many things, I'm anxious to move. We are looking at either Logan Square, Lakeview, or the River West/Wicker Park/Bucktown/ Ukrainian Village areas. Another important addition will be that it will have a separate bedroom. A giant studio might look very cool, but it's a little inconvenient when one of us wants to get some sleep, while the other wants to stay up and watch ATHF.

So tonight the gf and I are meeting in River West to take a look at a few places. It's funny, but both of the buildings are within a few blocks of my previous apartment in that neighborhood. I've probably walked by both of them a couple of times without ever considering that I might be living there one day. I'm really excited though, since I loved that neighborhood, or more accurately I loved eating and drinking there. The Matchbox, Twisted Spoke, Mike's, SIP, Fresco, The Breakfast Club, and many others, all provide great memories for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home