Saturday, April 08, 2006

Amazon Books on the Moon

I think I need some sort of parental controls on my computer to prevent me from getting to Amazon. Just this week I've ordered 2 books about Noel Coward, 1 book about Noel Coward and Cole Porter (who wouldn't want a book titled "The Sophisticates"?), and a book called "Everybody was so Young", the story of Gerald and Sara Murphy (inspiration for Nicole and Dick Diver in "Tender is the Night").

Now I have plenty of books, and plenty of books I've bought that I still haven't had a chance to read yet. And now I also have school books to read as well. I need more books like a hole in the head, yet somehow I can't resist getting more.

However, in my defense, these books all seem spectacular. I can not wait to read them! I swear I'm bi-polar. On the one hand I consume tons of sci fi books, books about nano and biotechnology, the future. On the other hand I love reading about the past. Sure it's the glamorous past (no interest what so ever what the peasants were doing), but the past none of the less. The only period I'm not really interested in is now! Well of course the 60's and 70's are pretty awful as well, damn boomers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home