Thursday, June 01, 2006

Murder and MySpace

I've noticed a growing focus in the media coverage of the Clemson student murder, other then the obviously very scholarly fascination they all have with the fact she was strangled with her bikini top.

No, the focus I'm referring to is that she has either a Facebook or MySpace profile. I find this interesting since everyone strongly suggests that the person who murdered her was familiar with her profile, and may in fact be linked as a "friend" on the site.

Well no duh! Thanks to "Silence of the Lambs", CSI, OJ Simpson, etc. I thought everyone basically knew that if a person is murdered, most likely someone they knew, or at least saw every day, did it. What I find offensive is that the media seems intent on linking social networking sites to murder and/or other threatening events.

I'm sure as this case develops I'll have more to say on this topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home