Monday, June 12, 2006

More good coffee

Sip is my favorite coffee house in Chicago. When I used to live in River West, I probably went there at least 4 days a week. Almost always I ordered the light roast Dom with an extra shot. It got to the point it was like "Cheers" where everyone knew me when I went in there. If I wanted something other then a Dom, I had to speak up quickly or they would just start making it for me! Another bonus is they serve Intelligentsia coffee, a locally roasted bean.

I went there this Sunday with my Dad after we checked out Ferraris on Oak. It was good, but kind of sad. It had been so long since I'd been there that I felt like I was just visiting. I didn't even recognize the girl who made my coffee.

In the last year or so they have expanded. They now have two outdoor seating areas and a nice two floor seating area in the back as well. Free wi-fi too, though I've never tried it. If you are ever in Chicago near the corner of Grand and Ogden, go to Sip and order something. DO NOT go to the Starbucks that opened just across the street!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home